We are looking for a recent graduate or junior wireless communications engineer who is passionate and excited about tackling complex engineering challenges while creating elegant, scalable, maintainable code to deliver a compelling user experience.
You will work as part of a team to help develop cutting-edge signal processing algorithms for wireless communication waveforms and assist firmware/software engineers to implement those algorithms on hardware systems that include Xilinx FPGA chips (Virtex Ultrascale+, Zynq RFSOC/MPSOC) and Analog Devices RF Agile transceivers. You will be primarily responsible for designing wireless communication waveforms and developing physical-layer signal processing algorithms using Matlab, Python or C/C++.
You will have opportunities to be involved in all stages of a project/product development including requirement analysis, sub-system architect/design, module prototype and development, system integration and testing/verification.
The right candidate needs to be a creative problem solver, self-driven, well-organised, have excellent communication/collaboration skills, be able to work in a high achieving team, and have a real passion for technology.
Applicants must be Australian citizens, must be eligible for and able to maintain an Australian Government security clearance, and must satisfy background checks.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or related areas
- Australian citizen and eligible for Australian security clearance (NV1)
- Great problem-solving skills
- Innovative thinking
- Great communication skills
- Familiarity with waveform design and signal processing for wireless communications
- Familiarity with Matlab, Python, C/C++
- Experience with the use of collaboration tools such as Git, Confluence, and Jira
- Familiarity with VHDL and Xilinx FPGAs will be highly regarded
- Opportunity to grow your knowledge in waveform design and signal processing as part of a collaborative and friendly team environment
- Opportunity to develop cutting-edge wireless communication solutions on FPGA and RF transceivers
- Competitive remuneration packages
This position is available for an immediate start.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected].