We are looking for a creative and motivated individual to fulfil a research and development engineering role within our growing company. Working as part of a team developing cutting-edge algorithms and technology for embedded systems, you will have the opportunity to be involved in all project stages, from initial concept development through to product testing and verification.
The primary focus for this role will be on the following activities:
- Design and development of algorithms for solving complex problems in signal processing, detection, estimation, and data fusion
- Implement algorithm prototypes in a high-level programming language
- Analyse algorithm performance using both simulations and experimental data
- Assist with real-time implementation and testing of algorithms in operational systems
The right candidate for this role needs to be a creative problem solver, self-driven, well-organised, have excellent communication/collaboration skills, be able to work in a high achieving team, and have a genuine passion for technology.
Applicants must hold Australian citizenship and either have, or be able to obtain, an Australian Defence security clearance (NV1) from the Australian Government Security Vetting Agency.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline
- Australian citizen and eligible for Australian security clearance (NV1)
- Knowledge and interest in the design and development of algorithms for signal/information processing
- Great problem-solving skills and the ability for innovative thinking
- Self-motivation and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Great communication skills
- Knowledge/experience with algorithms for statistical signal processing, detection, state estimation and/or multi-sensor data fusion
- Experience with a high-level programming language such as Matlab, Python, or Julia
- Experience with the use of collaboration tools such as Git, Confluence, and Jira
- Opportunity to contribute to the development of cutting-edge solutions and products
- Opportunity to grow knowledge in state-of-the-art signal and information processing technologies
- Collaborative and friendly team environment
- Competitive remuneration packages
This position is available for an immediate start.
To apply, please send a letter of application and your CV to [email protected].